Ghost Walk, Pumpkin Festival, Classic Vampire Flick – Weekend Happenings
You have a ton of choices for a good time this weekend in South Jersey, especially if you are in the Halloween spirit a little early.
We put together a listing of some of our seasonal favorite hayrides and haunted attractions along with one-day only events happening this weekend that celebrate fall and Halloween.
Lite Rock Meteorologist Dan Zarrow says we will have temperatures that will feel much more like fall than our recent summer-like weather, so hopefully that gets you in the mood. Have a great weekend!
Here are the South Jersey Weekend Happenings
– Boardwalk Hall: The first vampire film, 1922’s silent feature Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror will be shown in the Adrain Phillips Theater, Fri. 10/21 with live organ accompaniment by Steven Ball, this showing should be super cool and spooky!
– Flyer’s Skate Zone: The Camden County Police vs. Atlantic City “Guns & Hoses” charity game and night, benefiting Atlantic City Police officer Josh Vadell, @ 5p Sat. 10/22
– Borgata: Chicago and Earth, Wind & Fire, Fri. 10/21
– Borgata: Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Sat. 1022
– Borgata: The Voice Season 9 winner Jordan Smith, Sat. 1022, The Music Box
– Caesars: Gary Allen, Sat. 10/22
– Caesars: Brian McKnight, Sat. 10/22
– Resorts: Oktoberfest, Sat-Sun. 10/22-23
– Tropicana: Latin singer Victor Manuelle, Sat. 10/22
– Golden Nugget: My Big Gay Italian Midlife Crisis, Sun. 10/23
– Boardwalk: The Atlantic City Marathon and half marathon weekend, Sat.-Sun. 10/22-23
Here are more South Jersey Weekend Happenings….
– Beach communities: Clean Action Ocean Beach Sweeps clean-ups, 9-12:30p Sat. 10/2
– Mays Landing; The Mays Landing Historical Society presents a Ghost Walk to learn the spooky history of Mays Landing, 6-8p Fri. 10.21, beginning at Presbyterian Church of Mays Landing, 6001 Main St., 609-909-0272
– Lake Lenape, Mays Landing: The Atlantic County Division of Parks and Recreation will host its first annual Pumpkin Festival , 2-7p Sat. 10/22, 753 Park Rd., visit the pumpkin patch, make scare crows and join in seasonal games and activities as well as share ghost stories around a fire pit on the beach. 609-625-1897
– Somers Point: “Foodie Film Festival“, movies focusing and related to the food business, benefits Somers Pt. Arts Commission, Fri. 10/21, Greate Bay Country Club
– Hammonton: 11th annual Trick or treating event, downtown Hammonton, Sat. 10/22 from 1-3p
– Egg Harbor township: BMX Mom Squad presents a Trunk or Treat, 7p Sat. 10/22, BMX Track, Veterans Memorial Park, 609-412-6312
– Ocean City: Ghost Tours, 8-9:30p. Saturdays until 10/29, candlelight walking tour, 9th & Asbury Ave.
Brigantine: Non-scary Hayride for preschool to 5th grade, presented by Crossroads Jr. Youth Group, Brig. Community Presbyterian church, 1501 W. Brigantine Blvd. 5:30-8:30p Sun-Mon 10/23-24
– Wildwood: Boardwlk Pumpkin Run, Convention Center, 10am Sat. 10/22
– Smithville: Costume Pet Parade, @ 1p sat. 10/22
– Sea isle City: Halloween Parade and Dance Party, @7p Fri. 10/21 45th & Landis Ave.
October is spooky season! If you are looking to get your freight on this weekend, South Jersey has a ghoulish assortment of really scary or just family-friendly attractions. Here are six of our seasonal favorites…
Here’s more from Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG
Subscribe to Lite Rock 96.9 on