Doo-Dah Parade, April in Paris, Zoo Day – Weekend Happenings
The 33rd annual Doo Dah Parade - Ocean City's tribute to humor - takes place at noon Saturday, April 14 on the Boardwalk. The procession features marching bands, floats, a grand marshal and a brigade of more than 500 basset hounds. The traditional finale at the end of the parade includes a “Pie-asco” at the Ocean City Music Pier, in which everybody is invited to smoosh their friends with shaving-cream pies.
The parade route starts at Sixth Street and travels downtown Asbury Avenue to 12th Street, then turns to the Boardwalk at 12th Street and (new this year) finishes on the boardwalk at Sixth Street.
TV star Erik Estrada will be grand marshal for this year's parade. Later on the same night, Estrada will host the annual Mr. Mature America Pageant at the Ocean City Music Pier.
Here are Lite Rock's South Jersey Weekend Happenings...
- Claridge hotel: The Chicken Bone Beach Spring Jazz Series presents the Tony Deluca band, Fri. 4/13
- Golden Nugget: Tom Petty tribute band, Fri. 4/13
- Tropicana: The Trop's Big Gay Ball, Fri. 4/13
- Borgata: Jerry Seinfeld, Sat. 4/14, sold out
- Caesars: The Atlantic City Ballet presents "A Midsummer Night's Dream", 7P Sat. 4/14
- Golden Nugget: Engelbert Humperdinck, Sat. 4/14
Here are more fun things to do this weekend...
Ocean City: Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG for the Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue's 2018 BoardWaddle on the Boardwalk at noon on Saturday, 4/14 as they attempt to break the Guinness Book World Record for the Largest Single Breed Dog Walk. The current record is 783 Yorkshire Terriers. Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG will be on hand at the post-Waddle BoardWaddle Picnic on the Practice Football Field next to the Ocean City Civic Center from 1P-l 3P
- Millville: Levoy Theatre presents Beatles vs. Stones tribute band competition, Fri. 4/13
- Somers Point: Paris in April Weekend, various events throughout Somers Point that will feature a number of special "French" themed events & activities, music, dining and more, thru Sun. 4/15
- Cape May Court House: The Cape May Zoo's Zootastic Fun Day, benefiting Big Brothers and Big Sisters, 10:30A-12:30P, Sat. 4/14
- Egg Harbor Township: The Hope Arts and Music Festival, Tony Canale Park, 2P-6P Sat. 4/14, live bands, food, artwork
-Oceanville, Galloway Twp.: Oceanville Vol Fire Company's Baked Ham and Fried Oyster Dinner, 4-8P Sat. 4/14
- Tuckerton: Tuckerton Seaport's Carve Wars chainsaw carving competition, 11A-5P Sat-Sun. 4/14-15
- Northfield: Kids Trout Fishing Tourney, 8-12:30P Sat. 4/14, Birch Grove Park
- Sea Isle City: Girls Weekend, a weekend of specials and discounts for the girls at participating shops, restaurants and bars, Fri-Sun. 4/13-15