Buffett on the Beach, 4-H Fair, Tattoo Beach Bash – Weekend Happenings
The weather on the beach in Atlantic City late Saturday afternoon will be hot and steamy, but the vibe should be cool and casual, with lots of wacky hats thrown in for good measure.
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer band headline the first of Atlantic City's 2016 Beach Concerts with G. Love and Special Sauce opening the show at 4pm. Tickets will be available at the show.
Buffett mastered the persona of the come-what-may, son of a sailor decades ago and he plays it to the hilt. Take notice of all the Buffett apparel and gear worn by fans attending the show - it is sheer marketing genius!
My friend John is the biggest Buffett fan I know, and he suggests not trying to fight the crowd to get up close, but standing back a little at the water's edge and enjoying the music and the scene. That sounds like a good plan to me.
Look for Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG on the Boardwlk outside Harry's Oyster Bar at Bally's pre-show Saturday beginning at 10am. Stop by and see us!
Here are more South Jersey Weekend Happenings...
- Boardwalk Hall: My 2K Tour featuring 98 Degrees, O-Town and Ryan Cabrera, Fri. 8/12
- Borgata: Jerry Seinfeld, Fri-Sat. 8/12/13, sold out
- Taj Mahal: Boston, Sat. 8/13
- Golden Nugget: 4th annual Deadstock Festival, on The Deck, sat. 8/13
- Borgata: Leslie Odom, Jr., direct from Hamilton on Broadway, sings songs from his new jazz album, Sat. 8/13, Music Box
- Resorts: ABBA tribute show, Sat. 8/13
- Borgata: Lady Antebellum, Sun. 8/14
- Borgata: Bay Atlantic Symphony, Sun. 8/13 @ 5pm, Music Box
- Atlantic City Triathlon: The 6th annual Triathlon Sun. 8/14 from 7-11am, expect traffic delays and avoid using the Black and White Horse Pike during these times
Other fun things to do this weekend
- Ocean City- Join Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG Sun. 8/14 @ 8:30am for the CCFA's Guts & Glory 5K, Aquatic and Fitness Center, 17th & Simpson
- Avalon: South Jersey Championships Lifeguard Races, Fri. 8/2 @ 6:30p, 38th Street Beach
- South Egg Harbor: Atlantic County 4-H Fair, thru Sat 8/13, 3210 Rt. 50, animal shows, rides, entertainment, family fun
- Wildwood: 6th annual Tattoo Beach Bash, Convention Center, Fri-Sun. 8/12-14
- Tuckerton: 'Truck'erton Food Truck & Brew Fest, Sat-Sun. 8/13-14, Seaport
- Wildwood: Rubber Ducky Regatta, benefiting United Way, Sun. 8/14, Morey's Pier
- Avalon: The Bay Atlantic Symphony in concert, Sat. 8/13 @ 7p, Avalon elementary School, 235 32nd St
Ventnor: Viking Rowing Club Chicken Bar-B-Q, Sun. 8/14 from 4-8p, Ski Beach, 609-823-7948
-Longport: Captain Turner memorial Swim, Sun. 8/14 @9am, benefits International Myeloma Foundation, 609-822-3898
- Longport: The annual Blessing of the Animals, Sun. 8/14 @11:20a, Church of the Redeemer, 20th & Atlantic Ave, 305-393-6236