Bass Pro Shops Atlantic City Grand Opening: What You Need to Know
The much anticipated opening of Atlantic City's Bass Pro Shops is almost here and the excitement of outdoorsy types is palpable!
What I find most interesting is how the company promotes its brand and feeds the enthusiasm of those potential customers. Here is this week's press from Bass Pro Shops detailing the events planned for the South Jersey store and give you some background information of the company's phenomenal nationwide success.
The grand opening of the Bass Pro Shops Outpost in Atlantic City kicks off Wednesday, April 15 at 6 p.m.
The event features an all-star cast of celebrities from the world of sports, entertainment and the great outdoors who will join together to help Bass Pro Shops celebrate a spectacular Evening for Conservation.
The grand opening event will continue through Sunday, April 19 with vendor exhibits and giveaways. The event is free and open to the public.
Celebrities scheduled to appear and sign autographs April 15 from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. include:
• Brian Westbrook, former Philadelphia NFL running back.
• Tony Stewart, driver of Stewart-Haas Racing’s 2015 No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats Chevrolet SS.
• Martin Truex, Jr., driver of the No. 78 Sprint Cup Series Furniture Row Chevrolet SS.
• Kevin VanDam, four-time Bassmaster Classic Champion, seven-time Bassmaster Angler of the Year.
• George Poveromo, host of “George Poveromo’s World of Saltwater Fishing” television show on NBC Sports.
• TJ Ott, as seen on “Wicked Tuna” television show.
• Captain Bill “Hollywood” Muniz, as seen on “Wicked Tuna” television show.
• Walter Parrott, RedHead pro hunting team member and champion turkey caller.
• Bryan Anderson, Army veteran and purple heart recipient; national spokesperson for USA Cares.
• Cierra Kaler-Jones, Miss New Jersey 2014.
Legendary angler and television host Jimmy Houston, of “Jimmy Houston Outdoors” will serve as emcee for the event.Exciting displays throughout the opening include the Stewart-Haas Racing team’s No. 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet SS.
Located at 30 N. Christopher Columbus Boulevard in Atlantic City, the new 85,451-square-foot Bass Pro Shops Outpost is part of The Cordish Companies Phase IV development of The Walk in Atlantic City.
The store will officially open its doors for a preview celebration during the fundraising event and ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday, April 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
For every dollar spent during the Evening for Conservation, 50 cents will be donated to the New Jersey Wild Outdoor Expo, Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey, and Wonders of Wildlife, The American National Fish and Wildlife Museum.
Local conservation groups and agencies on hand Wednesday evening will include National Wild Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Group, International Game Fish Association, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Bass Pro Shops, named as one of the “Top 10 Hottest Brands in America” by Advertising Age magazine, will continue to celebrate its 71st store’s grand opening Thursday, April 16 through Sunday, April 19. The store will open at 8 a.m. Thursday and at 9 a.m. (normal opening hours) Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
The celebration includes special exhibits, storewide savings on a huge assortment of products, and fantastic giveaways. Experts on fishing, hunting, boating and more will be available to talk with customers. Factory representatives from the industry’s top manufacturers will be on hand to answer new product questions.
In addition, visitors can meet local author Vin T. Sparano Saturday, April 18 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sparano, editor emeritus of Outdoor Life magazine, was a syndicated features writer for USA Today and Gannett Newspaper. He is the author of the Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia and the Complete Guide to Fresh and Saltwater Fishing, which will be available at the Bass Pro Shops Atlantic City store.
• Thursday, April 16 – First 200 customers 18 years of age or older will receive a Bass Pro Shops gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 in a logo tin.
• Friday, April 17 – First 200 customers will receive a Columbia® Omni-Heat ZERO neck gaiter.
• Saturday, April 18 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops logo lure.
• Sunday, April 19 – First 200 customers will receive a Bass Pro Shops Tervis Tumbler®.
Visitors can also register to win a GOPRO® Hero4 Silver camera with a retail value of $399 to be given away after the event.
The store offers the area’s largest selection of quality gear for fishing, hunting, camping, boating and marine. Bass Pro Shops also offers equipment for hiking, backpacking, outdoor cooking and more. Shoppers will find outdoor apparel for men, women and children along with a selection of outdoor, casual and athletic footwear. A gift and nature center includes a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.
Known for providing a fun outdoor experience indoors, a typical Bass Pro Shops retail store features more than 3,500 antiques and artifacts, up to 400 trophy fish and wildlife mounts, and many murals depicting local scenes.
Free Bass Pro Shops outdoor skills workshops will be offered throughout the year on a regular basis and will include topics such as outdoor cooking, nature photography, fly fishing, camping, archery and more. Bass Pro Shops is widely recognized for their efforts in conservation and outdoor education.
Bass Pro Shops will host more than 120 million people visiting their 91 stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada this year. The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50 plus miles.