5 Ways to Save Money on Your Thanksgiving Dinner
Celebrating Thanksgiving with family and friends can be costly and things can get really expensive, especially if you have a big family gathering.
Here are 5 ways to save some money for your Thanksgiving dinner thanks to an article by USA Today:
1. Menu: Work on your menu and cut out any unimportant items. Don't try to cater your menu to any specific person. Limit dessert to one item, not 12 options.
I'm guilty of this as we have over 10 options of dessert due to everyone bringing something to sample. I usually wind up eating over half of the desserts!
2. Food Shopping: Shop around to look for Thanksgiving deals. Don't forget your coupons and don't wait until the last minute to do your shopping.
If you're like me, and you do wait until the last minute, you'll freak out by how many people are jammed into the store. The store may also be out of of the items you need which will force you to spend money at a store with much higher prices.
3. Free Turkeys: Most supermarket chains offer free or deeply discounted turkeys.
Take advantage of these offers, trust me.
4. Party: You can use the potluck method if you're having a Thanksgiving party with multiple guests. Ask your guests to bring something to share, since Thanksgiving is all about giving. Right?
5. Decorations: Get creative and make your own. If you have kids turn this Thanksgiving task over to them.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Source: USA Today
More From Lite Rock 96.9 WFPG: