10 Things You Didn’t Know About Titantic The Movie [Video]
Titanic 3D hits the big screen on April 4th which is also the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the real Titanic and 15 years after the film was originally released. Here are 10 things that you probably didin't know about the Titantic The Movie:
1. Kate Winslet was one of the few actors who didn't want to wear a wet suit during the water scenes, as a result, she got pneumonia.
2. The cost to contruct the ship in 1912 was $7.5 million which was about $150 million in 1997.
3. The movie cost $200 million to make.
4. The most expensive first class suite on Titanitc cost $4,350, the equivalent of about $75,000 today.
5. Gwyneth Paltrow was up for the role of Rose played by Kate Winslet.
6. The studio wanted Matthew McConaughey to play Jack, but director James Cameron insisted on Leondardo DiCaprio.
7. Most of the ocean which extras were jumping in into was only 3 feet deep.
8. Robert Deniro was offered the role of Captain Smith but turned it down due to a gastrointestinal infection at the time.
9. The ale in the below decks was actually root beer.
10.James Cameron orginally wanted to use music from Enya not Celine Dion for the score of the film.